We all love video games, whether it’s a casino game or a form of a beloved console franchise. But there is nothing fans love more than when the two genres merge together to create exciting entertainment with grand prizes. From the colourful cartoon mascots to the most action-packed heroes and princess slots – they all deliver delightful nostalgia and a great representation of some of the best video games from the past and the future. Learn the top five slot machines inspired by beloved video games.
1. Viking Runecraft
From the classic dungeons and dragons to the modern MMO’s like World of Warcraft. Fantasy, role-playing games are among the most favoured types of games. If you’re a fan of this genre, then Viking Runecraft is the slot game that will tickle that bone. Designed by Play n Go, Viking Runecraft is centred around Norse mythology and follows these dangerous gods in a strategic puzzle game.
- This particular video slot uses special runes from this mythology and other RPG’s (role-playing games) to create winning combinations that award players with great payouts.
- Every time players score a pattern, and they will reach a new level and have a new god follow them. This is like a levelling system in a video game. Reaching new levels means winning bigger prizes.
- Summon the four gods’ and activate their special Wild symbols. There is Thor that stacks them on entire reels. Odin that creates groups of two of them. Freya who creates clusters until one is scored. And finally, Heimdal, who creates one Wild for each of the seven rows.
2. The Dark Knight
Superhero games are a long-time favourite of gamers everywhere. Reading a comic or watching a superhero film is great, but being one is even better. So, who’s to say that winning money as a superhero can’t top it off? Based on the hit film, The Dark Knight, this inspired many of the future Batman games that came after it, such as the critically acclaimed, Batman Arkham series. Now it has led to a popular casino slot game created by Microgaming.
- A standard 5×3 slot reel with a grand total of 243 paylines.
- Use both the Batman symbol or the Joker symbol to activate special bonus features. Batman and the Joker will substitute for other symbols as a Wild, and they can both trigger the different functions. Batman will lock in place, allowing future combination in free spins. Joker will stack together, filling up more spaces on the reels with the free games it offers.
- Another villain, Two-Face, will have a special coin that will trigger after both of these characters. Depending on which side it lands on will determine whether the payout is doubled it spins more free games.
3. Tornado Farm Escape
If there are any video games the kids love to play, it’s the one with cute and funny animals. Tornado Farm Escape is but another homage to this well-known trope such as Angry Birds or Farmville. Both of these games have pigs in them, but the pigs in this slot game will win you money if you help them out.
- This game is another 5×3 reel slot machine with a total of 20 paylines.
- The symbols will be based on a variety of cute animals and farm equipment that will spin around on the reels, just like the tornado.
- Use the Hot and Cold signs to make bigger tornadoes that produce more Wilds on the reels, allowing for much bigger wins.
4. Jungle Jim El Dorado
One of the most recognised franchises of the modern gaming era is the Uncharted series. These action/adventure games follow explorer Nathan Drake as he seeks untold treasure in lost cities. When it comes to casino games, we have the next best thing, Jungle Jim. Join him on his grand adventure through a forgotten jungle as he helps you uncover fantastic treasures.
- Experience a slot game with incredible 3D graphics thanks to the tech wizards of Microgaming. The Uncharted series itself was also famed for superb visuals.
- Use Rolling Reels and the Multiplier Trail to score even more winnings by maximising payout and gaining potential free games. The multiplier will increase after every spin, and the reels may lock into place, allowing more combinations to be landed.
5. Tomb Raider
Speaking of explorers, we can’t forget about the best one of them all. The video game icon that has been robbing tombs and fighting monsters since 1996. Lara Croft of the Tomb Raider franchise is undoubtedly a legend among the gaming communities. It would only be natural that she would be a top choice for creating a slot game that will do this heroine true justice.
- Join a classic 5×3 slot reel that includes all of the famous imagery from the famous Tomb Raider games.
- As well as the traditional Wild and Scatter symbol, there is now the Idol which activates the special Tomb Raider bonus round. Players will select between 12 idols, each hiding a potential grand prize of between 36 to 2,500 bonus payouts.
- If the player scores the lady herself, Miss Croft will reward extra free spins. Being as stylish as she always is.